Who do I need to tell about my name change?

Full details of who to contact are provided with our DIY Deed Poll Kit.

In short after changing your name by Deed Poll you commit to notifying everyone who holds your personal records of your name change. Most of these will accept a photocopy of your Deed Poll, but some, such as the DVLA or the Passport Office will need to see an ‘original’ or a ‘certified copy’.

Find out more about how you can save ££s on ‘certified copies’ by using our DIY Deed Poll Kit to change your name.

Here is a list of the organizations you may need to contact about your change of name by Deed Poll.

  • DVLA
  • Passport Office
  • Employer or educational establishment
  • Inland Revenue
  • Doctor/Dentist
  • Bank or Building Society
  • Utility companies (e.g. electricity, gas, water)
  • Telephone provider (including mobile telephones and internet service provider)
  • TV Licensing office
  • Local authority departments (e.g. council tax and electoral roll)
  • Credit card and store charge-card companies.
  • Finance/loan companies.
  • Any companies in whom you have invested
  • HM Land Registry
  • Pensions and insurances

Related Articles:

Published on: October 4, 2010

Did you like this article? Share it!

Change Your Name Officially By Deed Poll

Change name deed poll advert

With our Deed Poll Kit you can change your name quickly and without fuss from the comfort of your own home.

Read More