Does a solicitor need to register my deed poll?

There is no central record of name changes in the UK. You do not need to ‘register’ your Deed Poll anywhere.

Some Deed Polls are ‘enrolled’. This means they are lodged in the Enrolment Books of the Supreme Court of Judicature. This is expensive and carries no real legal benefit.So, we don't advise it but if you wish you can find out more about how to register your Deed Poll.

Forget all that! You don't need it. Use our Deed Poll Kit to officially change your name right now!

Do I need to get a solicitor to witness my Deed Poll?

No, anyone can witness your Deed Poll as long as they are over 18 years old and they know you but are ‘independent’ of you. This simply means they are not related or in a relationship with you. A friend, neighbour or work mate is perfect!

Related Articles:

Published on: October 4, 2010

Did you like this article? Share it!

Change Your Name Officially By Deed Poll

Change name deed poll advert

With our Deed Poll Kit you can change your name quickly and without fuss from the comfort of your own home.

Read More